Thursday, March 25, 2010

Scent-sational Vessels

Today I have yet another confession to make, I am obsessed with perfume bottles. Purchasing or receiving a new perfume for me is just as much about the design of the bottle as it is about the fragrance.  I'm not sure if it's the glass, the weight of the bottle, or if it's just knowing that inside that unique little bottle that fits in the palm of your hand is a fragrance that can turn you into whomever you'd like to be.  What's inside that bottle has lasting effects on you and everyone that you encounter while wearing it.  One whiff of a woman wearing Chanel No.5 takes me back to my childhood watching my mom get dressed for work.  Paris by YSL evokes memories of silk camisoles, thigh high pantyhose, high heels, and mom in the mirror putting on lipstick with a lip brush. But this post is not about the actual fragrance.  This post is an homage to the bottles that contain those fragrances.  I've decided to start a collection of my own personal bottles to which I add whichever new (and old) fragrances that are in my fragrance closet.  Here are a few bottles that I love: 

No comments:

Post a Comment