Friday, December 11, 2015

Fashion Fridays: 12.11.2015

Today’s Fashion Friday post isn’t about what I am coveting or what is new in the fashion world.  Today’s Fashion Friday post is about skincare, specifically the skin care products I use.  On more than one occasion I have been told that I seem to have a “glow.”  In my modesty, I usually blame it on a healthy amount of bronzer.  If I am being honest, I really believe it stems from a general sense of wellbeing and happiness.  So I’m not sure I can necessarily attribute this “glow” to a winning skincare regimen but because I do get asked which products I use,  I am sharing them below.  Some are long time staples and others are newer additions.


1.  Global Beauty Care Retinol Under Eye Pads - $5.99 for 5 pairs
      I use these twice a week for 20 minutes before bed, after cleansing and
      exfoliating my face.

2.  365 100% Pure Lavender - $29.99
      I use this as a toner after I cleanse my face in the morning and at night. I apply a   
      few drops to a damp cotton ball and smooth over my face. Beware. It tingles.

3.  Garnier Ultra Lift Miracle Sleeping Night Cream -  $14.99
      After the lavender, I apply a small drop of this sleeping cream to my entire face, nightly.

4.  Roc Retinol Correction Deep Wrinkle Daily Moisture - $20.99
      In the mornings, I start the process again.  After cleansing and using the lavender
      as a toner, I massage a pea sized amount of this onto my face and neck.

5.  Aura Cacia Restoring Rosehip Oil - $12.99
      I use this sparingly, a couple times a week in the morning while paddling around
      and before showering.  I will leave it on for not less than an hour and not more
      than a few.  I squeeze out a few drops and apply to any places where there are
      blemishes.  Rosehips is known to help even skin tone and fade blemishes but it
      can also lead to breakouts.  I've noticed that my skin is definitely brighter after using
      this.

6.  EOS Moisturizing Lip Balm - $2.99
      I apply nightly before bed.  I am an avid lipstick wearer and I prefer matte
      lipsticks to the glossy ones.  That said, in the winter the lack of moisture in the
      matte colors can wreak havoc on my lips.  Applying the EOS at night makes sure
      they are soft and smooth and primed for the next day's lipstick application.

7.  Smashbox Cosmetics Fusion Soft Lights "Baked Starbust" - $32
      When I really want to up my “glow” ante, I use this.  I brush it lightly across my
      cheekbones, brow, down the bridge of my nose and across my chin.  I top it with
       just a little blush and poof…glow!

If you have found something that really works for you, let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment