Monday, November 21, 2011

Eero Saarinen

Maybe it's because I love architecture and art and design but sometimes I'll look at a structure and marvel at the genius behind it.  If you've ever visited the Lincoln or Jefferson Memorials in Washington, DC, then you understand what I'm talking about. They're quite impressive.

I recently posted about Eero Saarinen's "Tulip" chair and the mid-century modernist movement.  I was inspired to do so after reading about the Finnish American architect and his contributions to the world of architecture and design.  Much of Saarinen's work is readily recognized and world reknown.  See pictures below...

Gateway Arch, St. Louis, MO

Gateway Arch, St. Louis, MO

Washington Dulles International Airport, Dulles, VA

TWA Flight Center at JFK International Airport in Queens, NYC

Kresge Auditorium, MIT, Cambridge, Massachusetts

Ingalls Rink, Yale University, New Haven, CT

No comments:

Post a Comment