Wednesday, November 30, 2011

skLo Mobiles

My love affair with mobiles began upon seeing my first Alexander Calder mobile and it's only grown in the years since. So you can imagine the jaw droppage that occured last night as I stayed up past my bedtime to peruse the latest Anthropologie catalog and spotted these two mobiles produced by skLO.   The word sklo is actually czech for glass. The company is based in Sonoma County, CA and works with glass masters in their Czech studios* to produce handblown glass objects, lighting, and design (commercial/residential) projects.   Their glass is beautiful and it's no surprise to me that Anthropologie picked up two of their designs for their house and home arsenal. 



Balanced Fizz Mobile, Anthropologie, $798
Zephyrine Mobile (blue), Anthropologie, $798
*Corrected to reflect that the company is actually based in California and not in the Czech Republic as previously printed.

No comments:

Post a Comment