Thursday, October 15, 2015

A DC Dream House (The Fessenden House)


If you know me, you know one of my favorite things is to drive or walk around DC and check out real estate.  I’ve been doing this for years, spending my Sundays going to open houses and seeing what the various neighborhoods have to offer.  The nature of my job requires that I am in my car a lot, traveling to various vendors and client houses.  That said, I have a pretty good grasp on the layout of the city and I often find myself in neighborhoods where I don’t typically hangout often; real residential neighborhoods that are absent of the local bar or restaurant.  Several years ago on my way to one such client’s neighborhood, I discovered one of my dream houses. 

Not a dream house in the sense of wanting to one day live there but in the sense of wanting to decorate it.  I got in the habit of driving past this house and sitting out front and staring at it and dreaming about how I would decorate the rooms. The last time I drove by this house and took a moment to daydream was 3 years ago, so imagine my surprise when last week a friend forwarded a Business Insider article detailing the listing and selling of the same house! The article finally gave me a peak inside and with 7 bedrooms, a pool house and a wine cellar there is plenty to be decorated in this gorgeous Neo-classical styled house.  Scroll through some of the photos below.

The Fessenden House in Washington, DC. Recently listed for $22 million,
making it one of the most expensive Washington, DC houses ever sold.
Photo via BusinessInsider.com

The rear of the house overlooking the pool and the poolhouse.
Photo via BusinessInsider.com

The kitchen features white cabinetry, granite countertops and brass hardware.
Photo via BusinessInsider.com

The house is composed of four levels.
Photo via BusinessInsider.com

View from the pool house.
Photo via BusinessInsider.com



No comments:

Post a Comment