Thursday, October 8, 2015

Simply White

As we patiently await Pantone’s 2016 color of the year, many brands and designers are already starting to put forth their ideas and guesses regarding 2016’s color trend.  One very important influencer in color trends and paint, Benjamin Moore’s creative director, Ellen O’Neill, announced Tuesday that the company’s 2016 Color of the Year is Simply White. 

I will admit as much as I love color, I am also huge fan of white.  I never feel more pulled together than when I am decked out in all white (all black, too).  I love white bathrooms and kitchens and I obsess over white bed linens and duvets.  I love white upholstered fabric but as much as I obsess over keeping white clean, I know I could never use it in my own space as I'd cut a side-eye everytime someone decided to sit down.  Nevertheless, white is crisp and cool.  It indicates cleanliness and purity. 

It may seem like an easy task but decorating with white can be somewhat difficult.  The first question is which shade is the perfect white.  Some whites have a blue tint, while others have a yellow or pink tint.  Once you start to look at several, your eyes begin to play tricks making it even more difficult to find a pure white.  Decorating in all white can be used to highlight a particular work of art as we see in many museums and gallery spaces.  You can also mix it up and decorate with layers in a variety of shades of white to give your space more depth.  White can be paired with just about any metal finish from polished chrome for a super crisp look, to a brushed brass for a chic glam feel.  


In light of the announcement and until Pantone unveils their Color of the Year, I have compiled a few photos of my favorite interiors dressed in shades of white. 

An all white interior done right.
Photo via styleathome.com

Stair risers, trim and wainscoting all Benjamin Moore's 'Simply White'
Photo via Benjamin Moore's Pinterest.

Kitchen Design by Shea McGhee Design. Cabinets are painted 'Simply White'.
Photo via homebunch.com

Interior Design by Patricia Gray Inc.
Photo via PatriciaGrayInc.blogspot.com

Benjamin Moore's 'Simply White', 2143-70 or OC-117.
Photo via bowerpowerblog.com



No comments:

Post a Comment