Thursday, October 29, 2015

A Modern Take On Four Poster Beds


I have never been much of a fan of four poster beds.  Growing up we had one and if I wasn’t getting in trouble for trying to climb it then I was annoyed that one of the posts was obstructing my line of sight.  In my adult life, I’ve always appreciated the drama a four poster brings to a space, especially when it has a lovely canopy, but I’ve never pictured it as something I’d want in my own home.  That is, until, Bernhardt introduced their Kensington Upholstered Poster Bed in a highly polished plated brass at last year’s Spring High Point Market.  Since that time, I’ve been swooning at every advertisement, editorial and designer portfolio that has pictured a brass, chrome or mirrored four poster bed.  In a space where you don’t often see highly polished metals, I love the addition of these sleek and shiny beds to the bedroom.  You totally have my permission to diagnose me with magpie syndrome while you look at my roundup below.

A bedroom in Tommy Hilfiger's Miami home.
Interior design by Martyn Lawrence Bullard.
Photo via ADMexico.com

Photo via William Sonoma Home's Pinterest
(www.pinterest.com/wshome/contemporary-luxe/)

A bedroom in Elie Saab's Paris apartment.
Photo via architecturaldigest.com

The Signature Suite at Vancouver's Opus Hotel.
Photo via vancouver.opushotel.com

Bernhardt brass four poster bed revealed at the Spring 2014 High Point Market
Photo via jwheelerdesigns.com



No comments:

Post a Comment